Thursday, April 2, 2015

NaPoWriMo

Recently, I learned about a form of poetry called Sijo: "A Korean verse form related to haiku and tanka and comprised of three lines of 14-16 syllables each, for a total of 44-46 syllables. Each line contains a pause near the middle, similar to a caesura, though the break need not be metrical..."

This is one of my Sijo poems.

Watching

A bench outside my window
faces west over the water.
At all times of day I look to see
what type of person sits there.
An old woman watching birds today
could be me tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your work -- and for introducing me to Sijo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I found your poem (day 7) to be quite beautiful. Also, congrats on your recent selection by NaPoWriMo!

      Delete