Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spiraly Soul Circus

I hung my recently finished wall art Spirals at the top of our spiral staircase. Just realized that - about the staircase, haha. Inspired by Celtic spirals, including Triple Goddess (in both summer and winter sun spiral direction) and equinox spirals. Stare at this for a while, then you'll start seeing spirals everywhere. The winter solstice is upon us, where will you be?

This week I had the chance to attend another SoulCollage workshop. Very fun (meaning: outlet for creativity) and relaxing, with some wonderful people. So amazing to meet random people and feel such a friendly connection. This is one of the cards I made.

Last month I took my first class in circus! At the Kinetic Arts Center, or Oakland Circus and Fitness, you can learn various circus, uh, talents? In the intro class we learned rope climbing and acrobatics (not military style rope climbing, think pretty, glittery ladies twirling and writhing hundreds of feet up!) and static trapeze (as opposed to flying trapeze). It was incredibly fun, I can't wait to do more, like maybe aerial or tight rope! All those Pilates classes finally payed off - would have been lost without some ab strength. Yay Circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment