Thursday, April 1, 2021

Back for NaPoWriMo in 2021


Reviving this ol' blog for my 2021 NaPoWriMo poems. April 1 is the day before my vaccine. My last entry, and NaPoWriMo poem, was April 30, 2015.


Day Before My Vaccine


It’s day whatever of the pandemic year(s)


Writing, working, cleaning, eating, repeating


When this ends, what is it that will begin?


Days go by quickly as nights run long, for ruminating



We want a clean break from all of this, those who can, anyway


Some will never forget the unforeseeable loss, unimaginable pain


We are going through it together, yet making sense alone


Can true answers be found or trusted?



I’ve done the scheduling deed just now


Tomorrow’s my time for The Jab some say


Why not be light-hearted about coming out


And saying Thanks to those who cared, did something about


Ending The Plague of our day




No comments: