Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Entered A Contest

From a sister blogger, I discovered a really cool blog with regular artistic challenges: Helga's Weekly Art Challenge! This challenge was to use an inchie on a small collage (mine are 4" x 4"). I started with some re-sized photocopies of sea life (from my college biology book) and a somber cherub from an old Daniel B. Merriam calendar. I love these images together, plus the gold and reddish washes, and ended up making a total of three. I believe only 1 can be entered per contest, plus I missed the deadline (fooey!!), so I'm just doing what I can at this point. I will mount them in a row for a tiny, bat-ridden if not weird, Halloween-ish tryptic.

My "regular" artwork is very planned and detail-oriented, so I find collage or altered art extremely challenging - but in a good way. If nothing else it was worth it to learn about inchies which, as far as I can tell, have taken off like wildfire in the artistic community. Anything and everything that is 1" by 1" qualifies. There are so many fabulously creative inchies and artwork with inchies - use your favorite search tool to find hundreds of pictures of beautiful inchie art.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you found me, Libby! Welcome! Your pieces are lovely! Thanks so much for playing in this fun art challenge. Always better late than never. : )

    ReplyDelete